Thursday, November 15, 2007

Planning Now

My mom has three children; all girls and all of us are married. I’m the eldest among three siblings, my second sister is in Singapore and soon my younger sister will be going to Singapore too, all follow hubby. Currently, my younger sister is staying with mom, so she could take care of her. Later when my younger sister moves to Singapore then my mom will be staying alone.

Now, mom still working as she still have energy to do so but ten years down the road, when she getting older, she need someone to take care of her too. I have actually discussed with hubby that I want mom to stay with me if she do not want to go Singapore to stay with my sister. Will it be better for mom to stay with me or care homes where they would provide a dedicated service and someone who is professional that can take care of mom.

Have to start planning now among us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will say that I don't know any one who would enjoy living in a old folks home. Though yes they will be care for but the surrounding is sometimes depressing.

Unknown said...

hi,nursing home is very expensive in foreign country.The service is excellent-like 5 stars hotel.But I would say living with our parents is a joy.Like ilovepearly said depression will happen to our parents if being left alone.:)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiasumum said...

u r definitely rite!! for sure i won't be sending my mom to old folks home, dun worry!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi,kiasumum,Do you mind I tag you?

kiasumum said...

i'm happy that i'm being tag, marcia!!

 

Template Design By:
SkinCorner