Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Dong Zhi (Kor Toong)

Tomorrow Kor Toong and this is yearly festival celebrated among Chinese where tong yuen (glutinous rice ball) is served. When I was young, mum told me that once we eat tong yuen we will grow one year older, so I eat as much as I can then I can grown up faster but now can I not to take so I won’t grow older and stopped at this age…. LOL!!!

This is my very first time make tong yuen after married for almost 7yrs, normally MIL will make extra for me to bring home to eat and for praying, so this year I told MIL that I will make myself. I asked MIL to buy the entire ingredient for me, as I have no time for marketing.

And the result is…………….

White, Green (pandan leaves) and Red (red coloring), not to worry this is for praying one that why I use the red coloring.

Soup ~ Pandan leaves knotted, ginger and brown sugar
My little helper...

My cute little tong yuen
Tada...... it's cooked


And here, wish everyone Happy Dong Zhi.......

16 comments:

Unknown said...

OH!My kids love this..You remind me to call my mum today..I didn't know it's the day to eat tong yuen..i miss home:(

Unknown said...

i will off to Singapore later, my MIL doesn't make it for us :-(

Princess Geraldine's mummy said...

Hi, Fiona.Happy Dong Zhi to you too.I miss my mum's tong yuen and miss the whole family in KL even after a week of the KL trip.

Chinneeq said...

wah..so "ang"your tang yuan!! Anyway happy kor thong to you and your family (old another year, hehe)

Mommy Lose Weight said...

ur tang yuen looks so yummy~~

Zooropa said...

Happy Dong Zhi 2u & ur family!

Dora:)

JK said...

Too late to wish you happy tongzhi. Here's wishing you merry christmas and happy holidays.

slavemom said...

Mine oso green, white and red (pink, actually coz for own consumption). :D But how come ur soup not so dark altho use brown sugar?

Wen said...

wah ur thong yuen very red eh... never seen this color b4...

merry christmas to u and ur family!

Audrey said...

My mom makes this every year but now that I'm away from home, don't get to eat the home made ones. ANyway, here's wishing you a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

merry christmas and have a wonderful new year :)

Leena said...

so so colorful your tong yuen.

happy holidays!

De'Little Ones said...

Happy Kr Thong 2u. U r lucky 2 hv MIL preparing 4u.

Everyday Healy said...

LOL! nice tong yuen you have. So red! And all in great round shape too! Very successful for the first time! :)

Anonymous said...

even when i was young, i refused to eat them. never wanna grow up. :P

 

Template Design By:
SkinCorner