Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sebastian @ Kindie

My in-law was complaining to me that someone took Sebastian’s eraser not once but more than ten erasers gone with the wind. So when I reached home I asked Sebastian, where does all the erasers went to? He said that the girl sitting beside her took it and did not return it to him and this same girl taken most of his erasers. Then I asked him did he told his teacher about it, nope, coz teacher very fierce.

So, this morning I drop by the kindie and went into his class and when I stepped I saw his teacher was taking a nap, then I knocked the door and she quickly wake up. Don’t this a bad idea taking a nap in front of so many kids and some more in the classroom.

Then I told her what happen and at the same time that little girl walk into the class, so the teacher call her in front and asked her. She said no she did not take and teacher took her bag and check and found one eraser belong to Sebastian, and the rest of erasers don’t where it gone to.

After that, she explained to me why she talks very fierce to Sebastian. It’s because Sebastian’s very talkative, disturbed other kids when he finished his exercises, walking around in the classroom and some times disappeared from class when teacher walk out for 5mins and come and found him at toilet or other’s class *fainted*. Teacher told me that Sebastian is a smart boy he know what teacher is teaching him is just that he cannot sit still in one place and need to move around.

When her was in P1 his teacher telling me the same thing already, after he finished his exercises he likes to walk around and disturb his classmate. Now he is in P2 and he still doing the same thing. I wonder whether is this a sickness/hyperactive kid. Need to find out more.

11 comments:

Vickylow said...

Can't the teacher have a good solution to work out together with you to solve this problem. My girl yet go to school so no idea of this.

Anonymous said...

i personally think that the teacher shd not be sleeping in front of the kids and what if something happens to the kids like poking other child with pencil on the eye, etc.
teachers cannot walk out of the classroom even for 1 min and leave the kids alone to themselves. there must be an assistant watching them.
active kids esp boys are like that, cant sit still and i prefer my boy walking around instead of sitting down quietly with drools.
it is very common for kids to walk around or be active as long as the teachers have experience with active kids, then it wont be a prob with the teachers coz they wld know how to handle. scolding does not help. i cannot accept scolding fr teacher if my kids walk around disturbing friends, but i accept light punishment such as cannot go to the computer class later on, or cannot join fun activities later on because dont listen to teacher. just my 2 cts only ah! :) btw, i shd be scolding the teacher if i catch her sleeping in the classroom!

Anonymous said...

Teacher sleeping in the classroom? Mmm...I might just walk to the principal office already. :P
BTW, some smarter kids find it boring after finishing their work, so it's common for them to walk around. We had some children like that previously, so the teachers at our center will have to prepare something extra to keep them occupied. But then again, most kindy prefer to be fair to all children and no one will get extra exercise.

Family First said...

I cannot accept a sleeping teacher in a classroom! And gosh, my son is also the "cannot sit still" type - will sure do the same as Sebastian lah when he goes to school. I better prepare myself for all this. Headache.

LHS said...

what kindy is that? That's terrible, in my personal opinion, kindy teacher should talk gently in front of little kids, what's more this teacher could sleep in front of the kids! maybe you can think of changing kindy.

Princess Geraldine's mummy said...

Luckily, all the teachers in my girl's kindy are doing ok(of coz not 100%).I've seen how my girl's class teacher calmed a boy(an active one)and a crying girl before.I think you should write a note to inform Sebastian's class teacher/principal about the unhappy incidents.

Sasha Tan said...

NAPPING? is she pregnant or what ? how to nap in front of students? Anyway same thing happened to my niece and we found out that she is super bored with the class, cos she already know everything that the teacher is teaching. So she walk around and even got punished to stand in the corner until teacher finished her class! i guess yr kid is the same eh?

michelle@mybabybay said...

I wonder what the little gal do with so many erasers. Maybe you should ask her.

allthingspurple said...

wah.sleeping in the class? This has got to be the first time I heard of one. Isn't there an assistant around too? Most kindies have 2 teachers to one class.

The eraser thing. My kid lose her eraser all the time too. I had to buy them by the box. In my kid's case, I think nobody took them. Maybe she forgot to pack it in her pencilbox when its hidden from view and the cleaners took them

Anonymous said...

I couldn't forgive teacher sleeping in the class, that's ridiculous!!! C'mon lar, nobody dare to sleep during working hours .. what more she dares to sleep in front of her students!!!

Mamapumpkin said...

Oh dear, a teacher sleeping in class is not acceptable. I would have confronted her and asked if she thought it was a wise thing to do, and then I would have reported it to the principal.

Sebastian is normal la...he's just being a kid. A smart one at that!

The rubber girl? Hahaha....you should get the number of her Mom and inform her that her daughter has been stealing rubbers. Chances are she is doing it because it is something that she likes and doesn't have or she is craving attention from the home. Or the parents havent taught her that stealing is not right.

Poor Sebastian.....

 

Template Design By:
SkinCorner