Thursday, September 23, 2010

NOT Happy Mid-Autumn Festival

When come to festivals, everyone is looking forward for gathering with friends and relatives where they sit down together and eat together and gossip together but not for me.

All these while, my dearest SIL n family joining us for dinner whatever festival we celebrated whether MIL cook or we go out makan-ing instead of her in-law. She told us that her MIL seldom cooks during festival even on eve of CNY. She has been eating together with us for many many years, lost count. I really don’t have any problem with it, the more the merrier ma…. Rite!

So, last night she came and joins us for dinner as usual. Hubby and I came home late around 7.30pm because we went to buy duck ‘kar liew’. This is requested by MIL and they love to eat duck, so upon reaching home, I saw SIL’s car and I asked hubby, will they start eating already without waiting for us? Hubby told me they won’t la, sure will wait for us one. Sure enough when I get down from the car, I saw them eating happily and I am very very upset and angry too. My unhappiness shown on my face while walking toward dining table and they said the kids are hungry. Yes, I wouldn’t mind if the kids are eating but you all adults are eating too. At least, have a courtesy to call us and tell us, right or not. We are not going shopping and purposely come home late and it’s only 7.30pm not that 8.30pm or 9.00pm.

This Mid-Autumn festival is not happy for me anyway… forget about it la!

When we reached home, that two monster can’t wait to play lantern, actually not the lantern that interest them… it’s the candles. They play happily and we have to clean their mess unhappily… hahahaha




3 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Hmm..I would be mad too :( But it's ok lah...at least everyone is around to celebrate last night and you can eat with your hubby:) The kids had loads of fun huh?

Chinneeq said...

Not very nice hor...hehe...

michelle@mybabybay said...

Happy Belated Mid Autumn festival!!! Don't be sad over small matter, must always be happy.

I don't even have a mid autumn dinner to go to.

 

Template Design By:
SkinCorner