Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Meaning of My Kids Name

Saw this tag few months back before I set-up my blog. So, was thinking to do this...

Sebastian, Xin Geng (鑫更)
There is a generation name book to follow for my hubby side, my kids are the fourth generations, therefore all boyz must be named (更) as a last name and for girls, they do not need to follow (so typical china man thinking, rite!!). So, it's really hard for us to name my boy, we gotto choose the middle name to match the last name. After the hu.. ha... here and there, we ended up let the sifu choose the name for my boy, of all the name given by the sifu, hubby prefered this.

Sebastian ~ I'm the one who choose the English name for my boy, I like this name very much. This name origin from Greek and it's mean "Majestic"

鑫 ~ meaning: much gold, prosperity (as if my family are so money minded... kekekekek)
更 ~ meaning: more, further (has to follow the generation name book, so got no choice)

If you pronounce my boy's name in mandarin then is perfect, but please don't pronounce it in cantonese... why... you gotto find our yourself lor.... 鑫 as in cantonese is 'yam' and 更 is 'kang'.... so.........


Sidney, Xin Ning (欣寧)
On my second pregnancy, I was so relieve when I found out it was a girl, so I don't have to follow the generation name book... *phew*. We can choose whatever name we like and named her. My girl name was choosen by hubby, so I just let hubby look for chinese name and me went to search for English name. I wanted the letter start from 'S' too... .

Sidney ~ coz it's almost same pronunciation with Chinese name. It's origin from French

欣 ~ meaning: happy
寧 ~ meaning: peaceful

We want Sidney to be happy person and have a peaceful mind on whatever decision she made.

Don't dare to try for third baby, if it's girl than it's rite....... but if it's boy.... then I have to name him "kangkang" already.... what to do have to go with the flow ma.....

5 comments:

Chinneeq said...

dono why, i have a proud feeling when my child is chosen accordingly to the family book name..

Jacelyn Chew said...

wah...this is a long-long time story lo...:) but it's good that u still have interest to do the tag.

i've tagged u...check out my blogspot ya....

http://mummyinvain.blogspot.com/2007/07/nominated-rockin-girl-blogger.html

kiasumum said...

chinnee: i'm proud too... but our ancestor had a very difficult name for us to named our child la.... so it's a headache for us

jacelyn: muakks!! muakks!! tq for tagging me... :)

Vickylow said...

鑫更- Sebastian's name very special.

Sebastian & Sidney got a same word "Xin" in their name, nice choice.

mommy of 3 angels said...

hahaha i like the name kang kang!!!

nice name your 2 children has.

 

Template Design By:
SkinCorner