Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My maid is leaving soon............

My maid is leaving soon, her last working day is May 18, but I have yet to inform her and book her air ticket. She doesn’t know that she is leaving us early as she thought her last working day is in July. Not that I want to sent her off earlier as her passport expired in June so her last working day have to be one month before her expiry date of her passport. This is my first maid and she has been working with us for three years, she is very young age 20 only, so you can imagine that when she was first here, she only aged 17. So far, I don’t have any major problem with her, all I want from her is to keep my house clean, do all the housework without me asking her to do so and follow my timetable that I given her when she first stepped into my house. Other then that I just close one eye if the matter is a minor one.

So, will I cope without maid around? I really don’t know.

Last time without maid I still managed to take care of Sebastian and housework but now, after three years of relaxing and honeymoon years without doing anything at home, I really don’t know I still can cope with housework and kids. Now to get new maid is really expensive it cost around RM7k++ where I only spend RM5k+ three years ago. Everything raises even the maid salary, now paying at RM500 – RM550 per month. (Pssstt…. I did not raise my maid salary from day one she work with me, the reason I gave her is she did her job on satisfactory level only and does not exceeds expectations level.)

At the moment, I won’t get any new maid but will get the temporary maid to clean our house once/twice a week until if I really cannot cope then only I will get in permanent maid. I hope that I can do all the housework by myself and at the same time take care of Sebastian and Sidney. *cross finger*

5 comments:

slavemom said...

If u can live w/o one, might as well just get those part-timers to come in once/twice a wk. At the beginning, u may feel the workload. But once u get used to the routine, u'll enjoy the privacy n having 1 less person to 'take care' of.

Anonymous said...

i used to hv a maid when my 2nd child is born, but after i sent her home, i was wo a maid for 1 yr then hot a part timer. still cant cope with only partimers and 2 children to tend to. getting a live in maid edi..
i got ezcema on my hands due to detergent so a live in means i will become a queen of the hse again..hehe

Rachel said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog.

Very brave mum. I don't know how I am going to get use without 1 after 6 years of freedom from household chores!

Bravo and all the best.

Sweet Jasmine said...

Getting a maid is not only expensive...besides you don't get any good maids anymore...with the extra money you had to fork out....if possible get a part time one is the best.....i'm going to do that when my maid leaves in a few months time...

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you can as all the while I do everything including taking care of my kids by myself. Don't worry so much do watever you able to :D Cheers.

 

Template Design By:
SkinCorner