Friday, November 28, 2008

Sebastian's School Progress in Pre-2

Sebastian progress in Pre-2 getting slightly better and he did OK on his exam. He did very well on his Mandarin paper although is not 100% but I’m happy with the results he got. The poorest was Bahasa Melayu, his teacher mentioned he need to brush up his Bahasa Melayu. I know I have not put 100% effort on guiding or teaching him, so I told myself next year I really need to put extra effort on him if not, I’m afraid he can’t catch up when he is in Pri 1 the following year as we have registered him in Chinese School.

I heard a lot of comments on good and bad about Chinese School with loads of homework and pressure. I’m telling myself not to push as hard on him as I do not want him to get pressure on study at very young age.

His teacher commented on the progress report “Sebastian has a good learning attitude. He has shown responsibility through his neat work. He needs more practices and encouragement in Bahasa Melayu”.

So, this school holidays I bought few workbooks for him to do at granny house, I know school holidays he supposed to be enjoy and not to do all these, as I know he will be watching the idiot box from morning till we back in-law house to fetch them. So, I rather keep him busy in doing workbooks and at the same time he can practice BM.

3 comments:

Mummy Moon said...

Actually school holiday not meaning free of doing revision or workbooks. Of course can let your child do BM some practice... Every day watch TV no good mahh..

michelle@mybabybay said...

You want to know what is the fastest way to pick up BM? Let him watch Malay cartoon. ;)

Debbie Y said...

hey, i agreed with Miche. Let him watch the Malay cartoon. of course, for the grammar vise, you need to guide him lor...

 

Template Design By:
SkinCorner