Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sidney's Progress

A little worry about her progress especially in academic, till now she still seldom communication with her teacher and even classmates. She quite talkative when she at home, she talk to her brother, she talk to her daddy and me but why she act differently when she was outside.

When teacher scolded her, she just stared at her not even a single word from her mouth. She will play with her classmate just that she don’t talk. I really was scratching my head!!

She has another year in kindergarten and going to primary one in year 2012, she will be attending Chinese School. So, I really need to work harder to guide her accordingly. She doesn’t recognize word even a simple one such as one, two, three….. etc. Or maybe I actually pay lack attention to her becoz I’m too concentrating on Sebastian.

I have only two kids and I can’t pay attention to both of their school work at the same times. Haizz…. Maybe the problem came from me for not guiding Sidney in proper way and this make her slow in her progress.

6 comments:

chooi peng said...

finally u remember you still got a blog here a!!!! hahaha

which chinese school you send her to?

michelle@mybabybay said...

Do you know whether she has "selective mutism"? My boy is the same but he is slowly overcoming it. He can talk to anyone but not in school.

But now he talks to his friend but only whisper to teacher.

You can google and read how to overcome it before it becomes a problem.

Chinneeq said...

hehehe...ya..ya, finally see u back here on blog. do write more often, wanna read about yur kids.

Zooropa said...

Hey Kiasumum, I'm glad to have you back in blogging :-) My younger niece is the same too, she is talkative girl at home but very quiet in class.

Dora@zooropazoo.com

Mamapumpkin said...

Maybe she's just scared of her teacher?? Perhaps you could have a word with her teacher and see what her teacher has to say?

Have you asked her why she doesn't talk at school?

CL said...

hey, there, my girl was the same too, she didn't utter a single word for about a year in the kindergarten. I was so shocked when one of her classmates asked me, whether she knows how to speak. But the teacher assured me that, just to give her some time to slowly adjust to the new environment, and they are observing others and it is not a bad thing. Now, I was told that she is one of the popular girls in the class. So just give Sydney some time to slowly integrate into school life.

 

Template Design By:
SkinCorner